Save money with our new sleeper raised bed kits – all you need to build a raised bed out of beautiful wooden sleepers in your garden. The Small Raised Bed Softwood Sleeper kit is ideal for making a single level, square raised bed in durable, treated softwood. The only tool you'll need is an electric drill.
- 4x Softwood Sleepers
- 1x Weed Suppressing Membrane 1m x 15m roll
- 10x 150mm landscaping screws (split from full pack, two spare screws supplied)
- 1x 0.6m3 Bulk bag of top soil
Single-level raised beds are best for growing herbs and plants with shorter roots. Try vegetables such as cabbage, onions, lettuce and kale or smaller shrubs such as heather.
Double-level raised beds suit vegetables with longer roots such as peppers, tomatoes, carrots as well as fresh flowers and shrubs.
- This kit contains four full length sleepers which will form a square raised bed. If you need to cut the sleepers (to produce a different shaped bed) this can be done with a hand saw, although your local AVS branch may have the facility to do this for you. Always treat cut ends with Jakcure End Grain Treatment.
- Sleepers are machined from natural, organic timber that has not undergone any drying process. They will naturally season over time.
- As the timber dries, shrinkage will occur in different directions. This will develop a natural look and will not affect the integrity of your sleeper.
- Sleeper dimensions may vary slightly to sizes stated. They are not machined to an exact tolerance which helps gives them their individual, natural character.