Supply Chain Issues
As the UK continues to deal with the COVID pandemic and the lasting effects, construction and landscaping industries are continuing to see soaring demand across a range of key materials - especially cement products and selected timber lines, mainly those that require additional machining.
At AVS, we are continuing to monitor the situation very closely and as part of the Lawsons group we are able to benefit from a wider range of purchasing options. However, we are still being affected and certain product lines have supply issues. We encourage all of our customers to use the Stock Checker function to review availability before adding items to basket. You can see this on the product pages of items where branches have availability for click and collect. View example of Stock Checker display. Orders for items marked for Delivery Only will be contacted separately.
For the week commencing 18 October 2021, the below products may be subject to delivery delays and are not available at all branches. Orders placed will be queued pending availability and we will contact affected customers. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- Concrete slotted posts: all sizes - approx. 4 week lead time for most branches
- Concrete mortice posts: all sizes - approx. 4 week lead time for most branches
Click & Collect Guidelines:
- Same-day collections are available when goods are in-stock (you can check branch stock levels on our website product pages)
- If your selected items show as 'Limited Stock' or 'Delivery Only', we encourage you to call the branch to review options. You may also still place your order and the branch will contact you by the end of the next working day to discuss
- Please note that the latest time for collections is 4:30pm
- We will be applying strict loading procedures. These are:
- Goods will be picked and left in a loading bay where possible
- You must stay within the area marked for collection
- Bulk bags and heavy items will be loaded onto vehicles by forklift as appropriate. This applies to flat beds and vans, NOT cars
- No member of staff to make contact closer than 2 metres. Customers must load their own vehicle if it is not possible with forklift
- If products are too heavy and you cannot load into your car by hand, we may need to arrange delivery
Customer Services (03300 130618):
- Available 08:00 to 17:00 every weekday
- We are experiencing a huge increase in the volume of queries to branches and our support office
- There will be delays in response to phone/email queries. Your patience is appreciated