We are one of the largest stockists of reclaimed railway sleepers in the UK. Our 2.4m softwood railway sleeper is perfect for flower bed edgings, raised beds, garden steps and soil retention structures.
These products are heavy so let AVS deliver to your kerbside, be aware you will need at least two of you to carry a sleeper when you set out on your project. Many of our branches have the ability to cut sleepers to size, please enquire at your local branch.
- new sleepers are machined from natural timber that has not undergone any drying process and will naturally season over time
- as the timber dries, shrinkage will occur in different directions - this will develop a natural look and will not affect the integrity of your sleeper
- sleeper dimensions may vary slightly to sizes stated - they are not machined to an exact tolerance which helps gives them their individual, natural character
- for inspiration on the many uses for sleepers, read our article on How to use Sleepers in Your Garden
- read our article on How to Build a Sleeper Retaining Wall
- for instructions on building a raised bed read our article on How to Build a Raised Sleeper Bed, or take a look at our range of Sleeper Raised Bed Kits