AVS IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS AND TRADING SAFELY FOR CUSTOMERS AND STAFF
We are continuing to adapt to the challenges caused by COVID-19 and have implemented a wide range of new operational measures and guidelines. These are all detailed below but are of course subject to change at any time in the current environment.
This page will be updated frequently. Thank you for your continued custom and support which is greatly appreciated in these difficult times.
- ALL BRANCHES ARE FULLY OPEN AND OPERATIONAL - We look forward to seeing you soon!
- We strongly encourage all customers to wear face coverings. The government has decided this will be compulsory in all shops in England from 24 July
- Our branch staff will be wearing face coverings in all public facing areas, except when serving behind a counter which has been fitted with a screen or if working in an office away from customers
- Social distancing measures are in place and you should expect longer waiting times than usual
- We are exceptionally busy. Delivery time estimates are 7-10 working days for in-stock items (excludes weekends and Bank Holidays)
- Once your order is processed, you will receive an email to advise of an initial estimate for your delivery date
- You will then receive a further email to advise your order is being prepared and a final one when it is shipped from the branch
- Same-day collections are available when goods are in-stock (you can check branch stock levels on our website product pages)
- If your selected items show as 'Call for Availability', we encourage you to call the branch to review options. You may also still place your order and the branch will contact you by the end of the next working day to discuss
- Please note that the latest time for collections is 4:30pm
- We will be applying strict loading procedures. These are:
- Goods will be picked and left in a loading bay where possible
- You must stay within the area marked for collection
- Bulk bags and heavy items will be loaded onto vehicles by forklift as appropriate. This applies to flat beds and vans, NOT cars
- No member of staff to make contact closer than 2 metres. Customers must load their own vehicle if it is not possible with forklift
- If products are too heavy and you cannot load into your car by hand, we may need to arrange delivery
Customer Services (03300 130618):
- Available 08:00 to 17:00 every weekday
- We are experiencing a huge increase in the volume of queries to branches and our support office
- There will be delays in response to phone/email queries. Your patience is appreciated
- Please use our Live Chat service if possible (blue icon, bottom right of website)