The Richmond Acoustic Fence Panel has been designed exclusively for AVS Fencing. It features 150mm tongue & groove boards and an integrated gravel board which combine to create a panel that reduces sound penetration and is exceptionally long-lasting.
Simple to install, even on uneven ground and sloping sites. The solid timber panels simply fix to the timber posts or slot into the concrete posts. Manufactured from solid interlocking Pine boards the Richmond panels are all 1.83m (6 feet) in width and available in a choice of heights. The panels have gravel boards on the base which are designed to give premium long term performance even in ground contact situations.
- Treatments and fastenings in accordance with BS EN 8417.
- Meets Highways England requirements of Acoustic Test BN EN 1793 to provide a noise reduction of 25dB, achieving a rating of B3 - the highest possible.
- Meets Highways England requirements of Structural Design to BS EN 1794.
All the timbers used on the Richmond panel are preservative treated Pine. They are high pressure treated with next generation TANALITH wood preservative, the leading choice for the long term protection of exterior timbers against the threat of wood decay and insect attack. Using Pine allows a superb penetration and distribution of the preservative into the timbers. Also the gravel boards are surface incised to provide an even more assured performance from these critical ground contact components.
- Significantly reduces surrounding traffic noise adding real value to properties
- Machine finished Pine interlocking tongue and grooved panels preventing sound leakage.
- Timbers preservative treated to meet Use Class 4 (ground contact) requirements giving Highways England 30 years desired service life and maintenance free performance.
- Panels incorporate incised and treated gravel board for ground contact.
- Available in a range of heights - all including gravel board.
- Single or double gates can be incorporated if required.
- Decorative trellis can be fitted above panel when required.
Case Study: The Richmond Acoustic Fence Panels were tested in-situ at a residential property close to a busy trunk road. On a typical day, noise levels were simultaneously recorded both at the roadside and behind the newly erected acoustic fencing. The results showed an average noise reduction of 16.45 decibels on the property side of the fence, meeting the B3 highways rating.
Read more in our comprehensive guide to acoustic fencing.